As a piano major, I believed that spending more time practicing was more important than doing research in the internet. When I began classes at NYU my perspective about the internet had changed. It became a valuable source in the search of answers. This is the first time I am actually taking a course dealing with websites and I find myself, although at times confused, more and more attracted to the knowledge it is providing me. I find myself spending more time in the computer trying to find something better for my website and at all times I am in the search for something better. I have heard of facebook and one time I actually created an account, but it did not catch my attention as much as it did to a lot of people. The whole concept of writing blogs also is new to me; it is something different that I need to adjust.
Today's topic in class, which dealt with music and audacity was pretty informative. I have previously used audacity once for a class last semester, but I did not have any formal training. Listening about audacity and the different ways it can be used was entertaining. I am happy that through this upcoming project I will be able to change an original piece of music to make it into my own creation. As a music educator I understand how important it is to be up to date with technology and by doing so we gain the knowledge and capacity to educate the new generations.
With the fast development in technology, we are not aware of how far it will take us as we explore the different venues of music. The only clear thing is that we must continually train ourselves in order to better serve the students.
No comments:
Post a Comment